Friday, January 30, 2015

A request for assistance

Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:54 PM
Subject: [Corpus Christi 10062 Mail] a request for assistance

Brothers-
 
Kayla Casey is the daughter of Sir Knight Kevin Casey and the granddaughter of Sir Knight Richard Armanini of our council, a recent recipient of one of our councils scholarship awards and was an Alter Server Captain at the 12:30 Mass in Latin.
 
Please consider helping her reach her projects goals!
 
Vivat Jesus!
 
Doug McCarty
Grand Knight, Council 10062
 
 
To Knights o Columbus Corpus Christi Council 10062:
 
I am planning to volunteer this summer with GIVE (Growth International Volunteer Excursions), an organization that sends volunteers on international voluntary service projects around the world. These projects build intercultural understanding, while also accomplishing a tangible project goal that meets the needs of the local community. 
 
I plan to travel to Tanzania, Africa from July 20-August 4, 2015. While there, I will get the opportunity to experience the adventure of a lifetime in the African safari, while also spending time in local schools, teaching English, health, and literacy to young children. 
 
This experience is a dream come true for me, as I was inspired by my encounters with Immaculee Ilibagiza while I was a student at Seton Catholic Preparatory High School. However, there are costs:
 
The cost for a project with GIVE is:
 
  • $2,195 registration fee – this covers my food and accommodation for the duration of the project
  • Airfare of approximately $2,800 – Volunteers are responsible for arranging and paying for their own transportation to the project location
 
I am fundraising to participate in this important project – important not only for my own life, but for the world. I am slowly making my way to my goal, but still, any contribution, large or small, that you could make to my project fund would be greatly appreciated. You can send cash or a check to: 12033 S. 45th St. Phoenix, Arizona 85044.
 
If you would prefer to donate via credit card, you can visit http://givevolunteers.force.com/pmtx/tripmanager?oid=006d000000NB5MGAA1. In the drop-down menu, select "New Donor." Enter your information, and how much you would like to contribute. 
 
Thank you so much for your support in helping me to achieve my dreams! I will be very eager to share my experiences with you upon my return. In gratitude for your contribution, I will be sure to share pictures, research, and reactions from what I'm sure will be a life-changing experience. 
 
 
Sincerely,
 
Kayla Casey
daughter/granddaughter of Council 10062 members Kevin Casey and Richard Armanini